Ceramic cooktops have now become a thing in most kitchens. They are considered to be pretty efficient when it comes to cooking and that is why most people are investing in them.
Unfortunately, not every type of cookware will go along with a ceramic glass cooktop. I am saying this because ceramic cooktops are pretty fragile and they have to be handled with utmost care.
Using the wrong cookware means that you will end up with a broken or scratched cooktop. This is why it’s imperative that we discuss the best cookware for the ceramic cooktop.
In this write up I will be reviewing a few cookware sets that should be okay for your cooktop. Stick with me and you will learn a few things about ceramic glass cooktops as well.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Right Cookware For Ceramic Cooktops
The reason why people end up choosing the wrong cookware is that they don’t know what to look for. To avoid such a scenario, I have compiled a few factors that you should consider when you go shopping for your cookware.
Nature of the base
The base of your cookware is quite important when dealing with ceramic glass stove. As you well know, one can use pots and pans with a rounded base when cooking with gas stoves.
However, this is not the case when dealing with ceramic glass cooktops. You have to use cookware that has a flat base. Why? Because you want the entire base to be in contact with the stove.
A flat base ensures that heat is distributed evenly across the cookware. Besides, it increases stability on the cooktop.
Another important factor that should come into play is the weight. Good cookware should have the right weight in order to be stable on the cooktop.
This does not mean that you should use excessively heavy pots or pans. You can imagine the kind of pressure such cookware will have on your cooktop. Your ceramic cooktop might crack or get damaged if you use heavy cookware sets.
The material of the cookware
Ceramic glass cooktops have a unique cooking mechanism that is not compatible with every cookware material.
Below are the materials that are ideal for ceramic cooktops:
- Aluminum: This a pretty good cookware material to use on a ceramic cooktop. It heats up well and is designed not to damage the surface of ceramic cooktops.
- Stainless steel: It not the best material to use because there is a high possibility that such cookware will mark the surface of your stove. However, you can still use stainless cookware on the ceramic cooktop as long as you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t overheat them. Besides, stainless steel is a good conductor of heat and there would be no reason to use extreme temperatures on it.
- Enamel Porcelain: This is an incredible cookware material to use on ceramic cooktops. It is great because of its ability to heat evenly and fast. Just donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t make the mistake of exposing it to high temperatures. Other cookware materials that are considered to be suitable for ceramic cooktops are titanium, anodized aluminum, and carbon steel. When choosing your cookware, avoid cast iron and glass coz they will ruin your cooktop.
Ceramic glass cooktops have markings that show you the area that should be in contact with your cookware. It is imperative to consider these burner markings because you would not want to have your pot or pan sitting outside of those markings.
Having your cookware sitting within the confines of the burner marks means that heat will be transferred efficiently. Of course, it can be hard for you to find cookware that will fit exactly into these markings.
Fortunately, there is no harm in having smaller or large cookware as long as they are not exceeding an inch of the diameter of the burner markings.
Here are the 5 Best Cookware for Ceramic Cooktop
1. Calphalon 2029633 Premier Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- Included with the set: 8" Fry pan 10" Fry pan 2.5 quart Saucepan with cover...
- Durable 3 ply metal construction and Handle Material: Brushed Stainless...
- Evenly sears, browns, and Sauts
Calphalon is one of the few brands that manufacturers the best cookware sets. It is not a wonder that they continue to dominate this industry without much competition.
Their 2029633 premier model is a great choice if you are looking for the best cookware for ceramic cooktops. This cookware features an elegant stainless steel finish that every chef would want in the kitchen.
It is a very beautiful set that you find difficult to get your eyes off it. Apart from its beautiful appearance, this set features a 3-Ply Metal Construction that enhances its cooking performance.
Each pot and pan has a heavy-gauge aluminum core that delivers incredible heating results. The good thing about this set is that it is well balanced and has the right weight.
The cookware is not too heavy nor too light. This makes it ideal for ceramic glass cooktops. When using this Calphalon stainless steel set, you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to worry about your cooktop getting scratches.
- This beautiful set of pots and pans cleans up well
- It is dishwasher safe
- Can be used with a various oven and stovetop heating options
- Offers superb heat distribution
- It is completely oven safe
- The grab handles are not that great
2. Cuisinart TPS-10 10 Piece Tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware
- SET INCLUDES: 1.5 Quart saucepan with glass cover, 2.5 Quart saucepan with...
- COOKING AND CLEANING: Experience professional performance with Tri-Ply...
- DURABLE & SLEEK DESIGN: Each piece designed with durability and a polished...
This is a ten-piece set that is manufactured by Cuisinart, a reputable brand in the industry. Just like our top pick, this particular set of cookware features a triple-ply construction that facilitates optimal and even heats conduction.
Unlike other cookware, this ten-piece set comes with heat surround technology so as to ensure that the heat from your stovetop spreads evenly across the cookware.
This feature helps to prevent hot spots. Each cookware piece in this set has tapered rims that enable drip-free pouring.
Besides, this cookware comes with tempered glass lids that make cooking easier and fun. You can easily see monitor your food even when the lid is on.
The performance of this set is quite versatile. You can use this cookware in an oven and most importantly, it is compatible with all stovetops including ceramic cooktops and induction.
- Comes with handles that are designed to stay cool
- Ideal for table serving
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Might lose its shiny nature after several uses
3. Saflon Titanium Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware
- LATEST TECHNOLOGY : 4mm of forged aluminum provides a thicker , stronger...
- MOST DURABLE : Titanium coated aluminum is scratch resistant and almost...
- EVEN HEATING : Cook like a pro with a thicker forged aluminum cookware set...
My third favorite cookware set in this roundup happens to be the Saflon Titanium Nonstick. It is a brand made in Turkey and it is highly rated for its high-quality Titanium coating.
With this cookware set, you will be able to cook food like a pro. The Saflon cookware features heavy-gauge forged aluminum construction that delivers quick heat-up times.
It is able to deliver incredible results without adding a lot of weight on the cookware. Saflon is designed for everyday cooking.
Besides, it is easy to clean manually and via the dishwasher. This awesome set should work on ceramic, gas, halogen, electric and glass stovetops.
- Comes with soft and stay-cool handles
- It does not contain PFOA, Lead & Cadmium
- It is scratch-resistant
- Quick and even heating
- Requires a bit of maintenance
4. Duxtop SSIB Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL & STURDY: Duxtop stainless steel cookware set is...
- FAST & EVEN HEATING: Heavy gauge impacted-bonded aluminum encapsulated...
- FEATURES: This kitchen cookware features a classic straight-sided and...
If you are in search for a set that comes with a whole lot of stuff, then the Duxtop SSIB should be your go-to cookware set.
It comes with a total of 19 pieces and each one of them is important for your cooking. Each piece in this kit is constructed with commercial-grade stainless steel.
The bottom section is quite strong as its constructed from thick impact-bonded aluminum. This cookware set is dishwasher safe and can be placed in an oven as long as the temperature stays below 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
Besides, this material has been designed to be used on all cooking surfaces including an induction stove and ceramic cooktop.
- This set is freezer-safe
- Comes with glass lids
- The heat distribution is top-notch
- Easy to clean
- The quality is not very good but not bad either
5. Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Cookware set
- Includes: 1.5 and 3 qt saucepans, 8 qt stockpot, 4 qt/11 in. sauté pan,...
- Multi-ply clad with 18/10 stainless steel interior/exterior with an...
- Stainless steel for durability and appearance; Aluminum core for even/quick...
My last pick in this article is stainless steel cookware set by Cooks Standard. This set has 10 pieces of cookware and all of them feature a Multi-Ply clad metal construction.
This is a combination of a multi-element aluminum core and stainless steel. This cookware set comes with riveted handles that are comfortable to hold and most importantly, they are designed to stay cool.
This set comes with stainless steel lids that help enhance your cooking. With Cooks Standard cookware, you can cook on ceramic, glass, gas and electric stovetops. Besides, it is safe for oven use as long as the temperatures don’t exceed 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This set is dishwasher safe
- It is induction compatible
- Its quality is superb
- No warping
- Might discolor after long use
I hope you guys will now have an easy time choosing the best cookware for your ceramic cooktop. You can pick from any of the products I have reviewed in this post. Also, make sure you consider the important factors so that you end up with the right cookware.
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade their kitchen with the best available products!