Refrigerators are an essential household item it’s the only household appliance that works 24/7, and any malfunction of this device is disastrous.
Over the years, the traditional simple top-freezer has gradually evolved to new and fresh designs such as the French Door Refrigerators, Bottom Freezers Refrigerators, Two Door Refrigerators, mini-fridges and more.
Fast-forward, refrigerators are increasingly becoming more advanced and complex, especially with the addition of new features and technologies.
Some of the ultra-modern technologies include advanced features like built-in water filters, Humidity control, child lock, digital display, and more.
To this end, the complexity of the modern-day refrigerators leads us to the question of whether these add-ons really impact the level of our fridge reliability and what are probably some of the most reliable refrigerators in the market.
There’s no easy way of knowing the most reliable refrigerators because of there is no standard measurement for reliability.
In most cases, manufacturers do not address the question of reliability in a data-driven way, meaning it’s quite a challenge to determine the most reliable appliance.
However, several factors influence the reliability of fridges, and we shall look at them comparatively and try to discern the most reliable refrigerators in the market.
Generally, refrigerators are expensive items, and you won't get a reliable machine for paying more for it and the reverse is true.
Typically, most of the high-end refrigerators are usually computerized, and as we know, computers usually add hundreds of components into a machine.
So, if one of the components fails, the entire system refrigeration system fails. Ideally, if you’re looking for a reliable appliance, get a manual fridge without a computer.
Role of Condenser
The condenser coils, located behind your fridge, are probably the most essential part of the entire refrigeration system.
They provide the means through which your fridge rejects heat. Low airflow often results in the compressor working harder than it was designed, and for this reason, you must keep the coils clean to avoid frequent fridge problems.
Being the lifeline of your fridge, condenser coils should be easily accessible, but some of the brands make it challenging or entirely impossible to clean the coils.
So, before making a purchase, it recommended that you ask your salesman whether you can see the condenser coils. From here, you can determine how difficult it’s easy to perform this routine maintenance.
Amana is the undisputed king here as it comes with coils going up the back of the refrigerators. The omission of a condenser fan means this fridge is less susceptible to breakdown, and the positioning of the coils means they never get clogged.
What you should know about the appliance industry is that appliances are designed to breakdown after several years, and this helps to keep them in business.
Some of the refrigerator brands will break soon, while others later. Whirlpool is known for keeping the peak of the planned obsolescence curve as tall and as tight as possible.
Top Refrigerator Brands
Manufacturers play a crucial role in determining the overall reliability of a refrigerator. There are brands known to manufacture premium products, others average, and other awful products.
Here’s my personal list of the best refrigerator brands where you can get reliable fridges.
- Amana Kitchen
- Aid Roper
What is the Most Reliable Refrigerator?
In my opinion, if money is a non-issue, then I would recommend that you go for a sub-zero fridge that keeps the coils clean.
However, it’s not as long-lasting as you would want it to be since many of these usually have the habit of losing their gas.
But still, they provide a decent value for your money. Either way, there isn’t a “best” brand and most reliable refrigerator, because all brands have issues—it all depends on what you’re looking for.
- PLEASE NOTE: Part number BR3001SS will be shown on the retail box and all...
- Deep chill mode; Dispensing components included; Guard rail, drip tray, &...
- Black cabinet & stainless steel door; Fits half-barrel, slim quarter,...
- Temperature range: 32 - 60°F; Front ventilation; Forced-air refrigeration;...
- NSF approved draft components; Recessed door handles; Safety lock;...
- Reinforced stainless steel floor; Four (4) casters included;...
- 3-Color LED Lighting in Cloud White, Deep Blue and Amber. 304-grade...
- Active Cooling Technology.Bottle Capacity: 21 bottles (each side).Carbon...
- Door Open Alarm.Dual-Pane, Low-e Argon-Filled Glass.Electronic Capacitive...
- 【Superior Service】- We provide 24 hours / 7 days Customer Service and...
- 【12.1 Cu.Ft Capacity & 8 Pans】 - The interior and exterior of unit are...
- 【Convenient】 - Provide a convenient place to hold and store cold foods...
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new....
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- The Residents (Actor)
- The Residents (Director)
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Zlotowitz (Author)
- Total Capacity 18 cu. ft.; Right hinge unit; Ice maker ready; 2 slide-out...
- Refrigerator capacity 13.99 cu. ft.
- Freezer Capacity 4.06 cu. ft.
- IT'S LIKE GETTING A BIGGER REFRIGERATOR: Stop searching for leftovers and...
- INSTALLS IN 2 MINUTES NO TOOLS NEEDED: Just attach to the bottom of your...
- HAVE SNACKS AND LUNCHES WAITING FOR THE KIDS: Easy to see and easy to...
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade and furnish their kitchen with the best available products! She is the primary writer behind SmartKitchenImprovement.com and hopes to share little tidbits of knowledge she’s picked up over her years as a mom and wife.