It is safe to say that Calphalon is an elite brand in the cookware industry and it has quite a number of product lines. The cookware lines include new precision Calphalon, Simply Calphalon, Classic Calphalon, Contemporary Calphalon, Signature Calphalon, and Tri-Ply Calphalon.
I am pretty sure you can get a cookware set that will fulfill your needs if you decide to go to the Calphalon route. Anyway, I am here to talk about two cookware lines which are the Simply Calphalon and the Calphalon Classic.
Most people who are willing to try the Calphalon brand will most likely go with these two cookware sets for a start. This is why it is important that I compare both brands and find out which one is better than the other.
Simply Calphalon Review
- Included with the set: 8" fry pan, 10"" fry pan, 1-quart sauce pan with...
- Hard-anodized aluminum cookware is durable and resists corrosion and...
- Durable, 2-layer nonstick interior prevents food from sticking and makes...
If you are looking for beautifully crafted kitchenware, there is a high chance that you will love Simply Calphalon. It is packaged as a 10-piece set of fry pans, saucepans, and saute pans.
This is a non-stick cookware set that is made using hard-anodized aluminum. This high-quality construction enhances its performance and durability.
Let’s see the attributes of this set in details: Calphalon never disappoints when it comes to cookware and that’s why this cookware set stands out.
The fact it is made from hard-anodized aluminum means that it can last you for years without the need to replace. Besides having incredible durability, this material ensures that heat is distributed evenly in order to avoid burning food.
It also comes with high-quality handles that are made from stainless steel. As you guys know, stainless steel gives the cookware a nice and modern look. The handles are covered with Silicone rubber to prevent you from burning your hands.
- Simply Calphalon comes with a PFOE-free non-stick coating
- Comes with high-quality tempered glass lids
- It is very easy to clean
- Quite affordable
- Incredible cooking performance
- Should not be washed with abrasive sponges because the non-stick coating might peel off
- It is oven safe only up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is not dishwasher safe
Calphalon Classic Review
- Innovative no boil-over insert puts a stop to messy spills when making...
- The BPA-free silicone insert recirculates boiling water back into the pot,...
- The insert allows for stirring and additional seasoning through its center...
- Impact-bonded aluminum base distributes heat evenly, for exceptional...
- Stainless steel long handles stay cool on the stovetop
- Convenient measuring marks, pour spouts, and straining covers allow you to...
- A great way to cook and eat healthier, this PTFE- and PFOA-free healthy...
- Delivers 3x better nonstick release than current Calphalon Ceramic...
- Cookware constructed from hard-anodized aluminum for fast and even heating,...
The Calphalon Classic is yet another product line from this spectacular brand. I do love this particular line because it is available in three different versions which include non-stick, stainless steel and ceramic.
At least you will have the freedom to choose the version you like but for this particular article, I will concentrate on the non-stick version.
Below are some of the unique features of the Calphalon Classic: This particular non-stick version is much greater than the Simply Calphalon version.
I am saying this because its non-stick coat can withstand the rigors of everyday use. Unlike its competitor, it has a dual layer of non-stick coating that is designed to release food easily.
The handles of the Classic are a bit different because they are insulated with silicon rubber. They are made using cast stainless steel.
This cookware set also comes with tempered glass lids The good thing with the Classic is that it can withstand oven temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You should have an easy time searing, sautéing, boiling and frying with this cookware.
- It is PFOA free
- Has a double layer of non-stick coating
- Has clear glass vented lids
- Has a full lifetime warranty
- Not induction compatible
- Should not be used with metallic utensils
With the two individual reviews above, it is clear that the Calphalon classic is the real deal. It offers solid performance and its durability is also top-notch.
This is why it is also more expensive than the simply Caphalon model. There is no doubt that the Caphalon classic is the way to go.
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade their kitchen with the best available products!