As time goes by, Technology becomes more advanced, and with that comes new products with new designs. Hand blenders are also included in the new high tech designs which aim to better our lives. Unfortunately, sometimes these products are highly technical (for most people, including me). In this article, I tell you everything you need to know about hand blenders including what they are used for.
What is a Hand Blender?
A hand blender also is known as an Immersion blender or stick a blender is a kitchen appliance that is used for blending foods and liquid including soups, smoothies, and other juices. It has a rather impressive appearance; the stick blender looks like a long stick with blades attached to it which are used for blending and also consists of controllable buttons. It was invented in 1950 by a guy named Roger Perrinjaquiet.
What are Hand Blenders Used for?
There are many different uses of immersion blenders including:
- Soup and Curry
- Home Made Ice-Cream
- smoother Baby Food
- Salad Dressing
- Tomato sauce
- Any Cream including whipped
- 100% juice
- Home Made Mayonnaise
Can Immersion Blender make smoothies?
This is a common question that, I always get. We all love smoothies whether you a fitness enthusiast or just a smoothie fanatic. It would be a big blow if hand blenders can’t make smoothies. Fortunately, hand blenders are more than capable of making smoothies, and I must say I also quite impressed by how efficient these blenders are at doing the job.
Can Hand Blender Crush Ice?
The answer is Yes, and No, Generally Stick Blender blades are not designed to cut stronger objects like ice, however, if you are looking to make your smoothie cooler, I would recommend Breaking the ice into smaller chunks, This way the blender will be able to cut the ice.
Are Hand Blender good for Baby food?
Yes, yes and yes. One of the most common uses of the tool is to crunch out and smoothen food for babies, including making a safe and healthy homemade juice for the little ones. I Recommend Immersion blenders for moms too.
Stand Blender vs. Immersion Blender.
One of the most noticeable differences between Traditional Blenders and Hand Blenders is where food is blended. Traditional Blends you need to insert the food into the blender itself, whereas the stick blenders can be used in any type of container. If you are looking for the right tool to use consider the following:
- Small serving or Large?
If you are looking for a blender to make small portions like a single smoothie, then hand blender is an excellent choice because they are comfortable to carry and less quiet than Stand blenders which are loud but great for large servings which can save you time.
- Are you looking to blend stronger foods/liquid?
Depending on what’s on your menu, without a doubt stand blenders are way stronger than stick blenders, and that can be advantageous if you want to blend or cut heavy objects like ice.
- Ease of carrying around and storage
Do you have enough space to store the blender? Are you looking for something to easily travel with? These are the questions you should ask yourself before you decide on the best tool.
Which Stick Blender is the best?
There are thousands and thousands of hand blenders in the market, without a doubt some are good but also most are not worth your precious time and money, I thought of adding the immersion blenders that I personally recommend here, But that would make the post really long and harder for you to consume!
That is precisely why I wrote a post about the best blenders and the buyer’s guide, to Save you time and money by bringing you nothing but the highest quality.
Where to buy a Hand Blender?
This is entirely up to you, you can go to the nearest Walmart( or local kitchen appliance store), But usually, these type of stores has limited products to choose from. I personally purchase all my appliances online and I love Amazon, because of the wide variety of products to choose from and Amazon is safe and the most significant e-commerce online. All the reviews we do here are products from Amazon.com.
I highly recommend purchasing appliances Through Amazon.
- Sophisticated Design - The ergonomic grip offers a non-slip and comfortable...
- Exceptional Quality - The full copper motor withstands continuous use and...
- Versatility - The removable blending arm with fixed blade locks into the...
- 【 Easily Controllable & Stepless Speed Control】Bonsenkitchen stick...
- 【400W Mighty Stick & 304 Stainless Steel】Bonsenkitchen hand blender...
- 【2 Speed & Anti-Splash Design】Bonsenkitchen immersion smart stick with...
- Best On The Market – From our Titanium steel 4 blade rotation system, to...
- Powerful And Fast - 12-speeds give you maximum choice and precision to...
- Smart Appliance – Save money, time and effort with the multi-functions of...
- Hand-held immersion blender for soups, smoothies, sauces and more
- Froth, whip, and blend food and beverages quickly and easily
- Compact, ergonomic design allows you to reach into cups, pots, pitchers,...
- Powerful 150W motor blends, purees, mixes and chops as well as blend...
- Blend, chop, mix right in your pots, bowls, juice pitchers - few dishes...
- Easy clean-up with dishwasher-safe and BPA Free detachable rod, stainless...
When deciding on the best kitchen blender, Please do keep in mind the factors we have covered above, I honestly hope This article has helped you understand stick blenders more. Looking to improve your kitchen? Check out our latest tips and reviews here. For best blender recipes click here.
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade and furnish their kitchen with the best available products! She is the primary writer behind SmartKitchenImprovement.com and hopes to share little tidbits of knowledge she’s picked up over her years as a mom and wife.