Have you ever wondered what the difference between the Magic Bullet and the NutriBullet is? In this article, we are going to take a deep dive into this subject matter and give you the answers that you are looking for.
The Magic Bullet and Nutribullet are both made by the same company; Homeland Housewares. They are both known to be high performers in the market.
The Magic Bullet and Nutribullet have the same general shape and functions. The power rating for the Magic Bullet is 250W whereas the Nutribullet ranges from 600W to 1700W. This means that besides blending, the Nutribullet is able to grind coffee, grains and even some ice.
Generally speaking, if you are looking for something that is only for blending soft foods and to make smoothies, the Magic Bullet is what you want. If, on the other hand, you are looking for something that is also suited to grinding and milling, the Nutribullet is what you want to go with.
Which is better NutriBullet or Magic Mullet?
To best answer this question, we will need to look at a number of factors. Primarily, we would want to establish what the appliance will be used for.
If you are looking for basic functions such as blending, and not much else, the Magic bullet is the one you want to go with.
If, on the other hand, you want something with a full spectrum of functions and a bit more of a bite, the Nutribullet is what you want to go with. Let’s take a look at the specifications for the two units.
The Magic Bullet
You can think of the Magic Bullet as something for beginners who are getting into smoothies. It is compact with a slick design which resembles a bullet.
That’s where the name comes from. Because it is an entry level blender, it is also very affordable. It is easy to operate and if you want to get onto the smoothie bandwagon, this is definitely the blender for you.
It is a single serve blender that is ideal for small spaces and for travel. It can easily fit in your bag for when you want to take it on the road with you.
What comes with a Magic Bullet
The basic Magic comes with different items in the box. These include:
- The base which houses the motor
- 2 different cups (8oz and 12oz. You can get the 22oz tall cup as an extra accessory)
- 1 blade
- One lid if you want a smoothie to go
- 2 lids which are sealable
- Recipe book
If you need additional accessories, you can always purchase those later. Unlike most blenders on the market, the Magic bullet has a to go cup meaning that you don’t have to transfer your blended contents into another cup. All you do is remove the cup you blend in then snap on the lid and you have a to go cup.
The Nutribullet is the more powerful counterpart of the Magic Bullet. Over and above the normal blending function of the Magic Bullet, you also get additional features and accessories.
Because of its more powerful motor, the Nutribullet is also capable of grinding and milling. The Nutribullet has different models and to keep from comparing apples to oranges, let’s look at the Nutribullet 600.
It is the closest to the Magic Bullet in comparison. With the Nutribullet you can grind coffee, grains, spices as well as for milling. Because it has a larger 600W motor, it is able to handle bigger loads.
This means that you get larger cup sizes as well. Whereas the Magic Bullet has more of a single to 2 servings capacity, the Nutribullet is able to handle much more.
What Does the Nutribullet Come With?
The Nutribullet 600 includes the following accessories:
- 2 cups (18oz and 24oz)
- Extractor Blade
- Milling Blade
- 2 Sealable lids
- Recipe book
- 1 lip ring with handle
- 1 cup ring
- Pocket nutritionist
Do NutriBullet Cups Fit the Magic Bullet?
This is a question that is asked often and the answer to that is no. You cannot fit Nutribullet cups onto a Magic Bullet.
The mouths of the two models have varying widths and so are not compatible. If you own both devices or are thinking of buying both, you will need to buy separate accessories for each.
Pros and Cons of the Magic Bullet
- It is affordable, If you want to get started on healthy eating, the Nutribullet is a great starter blender
- Portable, It has a small size meaning you can easily carry it in your bag
- It has a to go cup, Once you blend, you don’t need to transfer the contents into a different cup
- It consumes less power than other comparable models
- Not good with some fruits and veggies, It struggles with some fruits and vegetables because they can come out chunky.
- The blades and seals need to be replaced often
- The blades and rubber seals are not made with the most durable material and are therefore susceptible to wear and tear.
- Cannot grind ice,The motor and blades on the Magic Bullet are not powerful enough for grinding ice.
Pros and Cons of Nutribullet
- Powerful motor – It has a 600W motor that allows it to grind ice and grains as well as mill dry ingredients. It is also a decent coffee grinder.
- Larger Cup Sizes – It has larger cup sizes meaning that you get more servings
- Decent price – For the specs and power, it has a reasonable price
- Easy to use – It has a simple, non complicated operation
- Compact – It is small enough to carry travel with and can fit small spaces
- No pre-sets – It has one setting and no option like pulse as on other blenders
- relatively average quality blade – The blade is not the best quality there is. It chuffs easily especially when you use it to crush ice and for grinding some grains.
Conclusion on nutribullet vs magic bullet
All in all, it boils down to what you are looking for. If you just want to make simple smoothies, the Magic Bullet is ideal for that. If, on the other hand, you want a bit more power and functionality, the NutriBullet is definitely for you.
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade their kitchen with the best available products!