It is vital to learn how to effectively use your kitchen appliances. This is to ensure that you prepare your meals safely and deliciously. An air fryer is one of the most used kitchen gadget thanks to its versatility.
This device is quite economical and uses a safe technology of rapid air circulation to cook meals. The gadget features a heater for heating the air that is blown in the cooking basket by a dedicated fan.
Its basket is large enough, making it easier for air to circulate, thus fast cooking. So, is it safe to put a paper towel in the air fryer basket? It is not recommended to put a paper towel in an air fryer. The reason is that when you place a paper towel in the basket, it disrupts airflow, thus significantly affecting your cooking outcome.
A paper towel can only be used in seasoning the surface in order to prevent food from sticking on the air fryer’s basket. For enhanced cooking, you need to remove the drawer for cleaning after each meal you prepare.
What can you use in your air fryer instead of a paper towel?
Can you use aluminum foil or baking paper? There are several items that can be of help during your cooking. It would be best if you stayed away from fixtures that can be affected by extreme temperatures. Some of the recommended accessories include steel dishes, baking dishes, baking paper, and aluminum foil.
- An aluminum foil, for example, is handy when reheating specific types of foods.
- It is crucial to leave some space on both sides when putting your baking tin in a basket to facilitate proper flow of hot air.
- Avoid using stainless steel cooking tins; they are poor conductors of heat resulting to uneven- cooked food.
- It is recommendable that you wear kitchen gloves when handling your baking tins since they become extremely hot during the cooking
Tips on using baking paper
Since we now know that it is not recommended to use paper towel in your Air fryer, the best alternative is baking paper and here are a few tips to help you when using baking paper on your air fryer.
- Ensure that you carefully place your baking paper in the cooking basket. It should not stick beyond the basket edge.
- Do not cover bottom of your fryer completely. Remember that for your food to cook well; you need to have free flow of air through the basket. Covering the basket bottom hinders airflow, which leads to poorly cooked meals.
- Avoid placing the aluminum foil or cooking paper at the bottom of the basket where flakes are collected. Covering this area leads to disruption in airflow hence poor cooking results.
- Avoid putting a cooking paper in your air fryer without putting food on it. The paper might start burning!
Final thoughts on Using paper towel in an Air Fryer
It is crucial to use the right cooking accessories in your air fryer to optimize the taste of your meals. The paper towel alternatives I have listed above ensure that your meals cook evenly each time.
Agnes is a kitchen and cooking enthusiast as well as a fitness fanatic. She loves to help readers upgrade and furnish their kitchen with the best available products! She is the primary writer behind SmartKitchenImprovement.com and hopes to share little tidbits of knowledge she’s picked up over her years as a mom and wife.